Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And the Oscar goes to...

Most people watch the Academy Awards and enjoy watching the red carpet simply for the celebrities.  I on the other hand am not "most people". 

I watch the Academy Awards and while I am enjoying the beautiful dresses and gorgeous men, I can't help but think of the following:

1. How much planning went into this event?
2. Who contacted the media and gave them fact sheets?
3. Was there a media relations team?
4. What about a crisis management team?
5. What is being said in all the publicists earpieces?
6. Who planned the after parties and secured the venues?
7. Who is making sure that a particular celeb says the right thing to the right person?

And so much more--but get the hint that it was all PR related?? I can't even watch an awards show without thinking about it.  And that is perfectly okay with me-why? Because I want to know all those answers!!  I want to know what it takes to put on an event like that and keep it running smoothly year after year.  I'm sure there are issues that arise but as an audience we are unaware.  Just call me the Curious George of PR- or Curious Georgina...haha

The fact that PR constantly runs through my mind proves to me that this IS my perfect path.  Does this happen to any one else?

Just some food for thought.  

Until next time! 


~Amanda


#GetAmandaToNYC --join the Twitter Campaign!

PS. On a side note-this was definitely my favorite dress of the night! I'm just going to pretend that I look like her for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment