Monday, January 10, 2011

Ever to conquer Never to yield!

Only 10 days into the new year and I feel 2011 has been pretty darn great so far! As most of you know I rang in the new year while babysitting on the Upper East Side and it couldn't have been for a nicer family. 

I ended up getting the name of a temp agency from the family I babysat and had a great meeting with them last week. I'm excited about the opportunity to work with them for a while until I hear back on the big job interview I had. But first things first....

Last Wednesday I took a train into Morristown to celebrate my grandpa's birthday but what made it even better was Dad and Colleen flew up to surprise him as well! I went with my grandma to pick them up from the airport and of course we stopped for a delicious lunch at Friendly's! We spent the rest of the day around the house while grandpa was still at work and man was he surprised when he came home! We went and ate at this amazingly fancy Italian restaurant where the Ahi Tuna was sinfully delicious. I however had to call it an early night as I had a 5:58am train to catch the next morning.  I had such an amazing time catching up with everyone and I wish I could have spent more time with Dad and Colleen. I also wish Mom and Cori could have come up too but unfortunately they were already in school. 



5am alarms are never fun but I got out of bed, said my goodbyes to everyone and headed back into the city for the interview that I've been looking forward to for weeks. Again I'm not going to say specific names but man did I love this place. I really felt like I fit in with everyone who I met. I was there for nearly 4 hours but I enjoyed every second of it. I will definitely keep everyone updated on this as I hear more but please keep your fingers crossed for me! 

Vicki is FINALLY back in town after going home to Birmingham for what felt like forever. We've wasted no time on getting back into having the time of our lives in the city. On Saturday we made our way up to the Upper West Side to eat at Shake Shack (something that's been on our NYC bucket list) and also had a little too much fun trying on dresses way out of our price range at Saks. Yesterday we hit up Bloomingdales, Dylans Candy Bar and finished the night at a diner right around the corner from the Markle for dinner. 

I'd love to write more but in case you live under a rock today is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and I've got get ready to cheer on my Auburn Tigers! WAR EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment